Information and Communication Technology (ICT) uses information and communications technology to support, enhance, and optimise the delivery of information. Worldwide research has shown that ICT can lead to improved student learning and better teaching methods.
"There was a time when people felt the internet was another world, but now people realise it's a tool that we use in this world."
Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web
Bayswater South Primary School has a strong commitment to Information and Communications Technology (ICT) as we recognise the impact it has on education, industry, and the rapidly changing future prospects of our school community.
Our school is well resourced for delivering quality teaching and learning programs in the 21st century. Our school is serviced by:
- high speed internet connection
- wireless computer systems
- a fully equipped modern computer lab
- a high ratio of computers to students
- state of the art Interactive Whiteboards in classrooms
- 1:1 ratio laptops for our Year 3 – 6 students
- 3:1 ratio classroom access to iPads for our Prep – 2 Students
- computer linked microscopes
- skilled staff in ICT and Home Learning
- excellent technical support services
- Coding and Minecraft Clubs
- a commitment to ensure that staff and students are kept up to date with current initiatives and technology.
Bayswater South Primary School is an eSmart school that takes careful consideration in online behaviour and activity. Our students update their own Acceptable Usage Agreement each year that builds a strong sense of responsibility when using digital devices.